Bassani Y-Pipe & Flowmaster Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bassplayer07

Reaction score
Well today I got a chance to change out the exhaust on the beast. Tore out the entire factory exhaust, but left the manifolds. Took a couple of pictures along the way.

Only little issue with removal was that air return before the cat. Had to **** it up and cut it apart. *My goal was to cut nothing and just unbolt it all* :rolleyes:

0327091205.jpg

Once that was out of the way, I got a chance to see all the funky bends and noticed how dented pipe was.

0327091203a.jpg

Finally after removing the muffler and tailpipe it was time to install the y-pipe. It's 2.5" from the manifolds to the collector and 3" out.

0327091230.jpg

Needed the high flow cat for emissions purposes, even though they aren't that tough here in the northwest. That thing is so tiny I couldn't believe the size difference.

After getting it all bolted up I took it down to my local muffler shop and had a 40 series Flowmaster installed, with a custom 3" tailpipe exiting in the stock location. Man that thing was LOUD driving with just the cat! After everything was put together I finally got a chance to hear the final product. Well worth a good half day of work. Definitely recommend this setup!!

I'll see if I can't a decent sound clip up, but this will do for now.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1730447697918095428

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo