Key fob programming issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txplcofcr

Reaction score
Hello all...my 94 Bronco has auto locks but no key fob. A website said if I have a two pin grey plug under the dash then I probably have keyless entry. I went ahead and bought two fobs off ebay since I found a matching two pin grey plug under the dash. The instructions that came with the fobs tell me to jump pins in the programming connector located at the base of the steering wheel. Does anybody have any idea what they are talking about. Anyway to tell for sure if I have keyless entry.Where is this programming connector located/look like? Jump pins means what? Thanks in advace for the help.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all...my 94 Bronco has auto locks but no key fob. A website said if I have a two pin grey plug under the dash then I probably have keyless entry. I went ahead and bought two fobs off ebay since I found a matching two pin grey plug under the dash. The instructions that came with the fobs tell me to jump pins in the programming connector located at the base of the steering wheel. Does anybody have any idea what they are talking about. Anyway to tell for sure if I have keyless entry.Where is this programming connector located/look like? Jump pins means what? Thanks in advace for the help.
Pic by makeos in his 94

it is the grey connector taped to all the wires. to right of strg column

and the diagram from my Ford EVTM/Service/... CD Note that is the view from engine compartment thru an invisible firewall....

here it is from my 96 Bronco EVTM/Service... CD from Ford:

"the remote entry receiver module erases all previous transmitters from memory when the transmitters are programmed or reprogrammed. The remote entry receiver module can store up to four transmitters in memory.

To program (or reprogram) transmitter(s) into the remote entry receiver module, perform the following steps:

1. Turn key to the ON or ON/ACCESSORY position and momentarily short the two terminals of the program connector (C4) (a two-pin connector taped to the wire assembly connected to the remote entry receiver module, approximately 6 inches from the remote entry receiver module). All doors should lock then unlock. Remove shorting pin. SO "JUMP PINS" means insert a bent paper clip or solid strand wire in da connector's two "PINS" to short it out2. Press any button on transmitter. All doors should lock then unlock to verify that the transmitter has been programmed. If door locks do not respond, press button again (up to three times maximum with the same transmitter).

3. Repeat Step 2 to program additional transmitters into the remote entry receiver module (up to four transmitters maximum).

4. Key off. All doors should lock then unlock

Also, you have to program any existing remotes at the same time, as it will clear out all previous programming

And, just FYI;

this ia da Ford Remote Keyless Entry TSB 97-24-13 for 1994-96 BRONCO & all other Ford cars & trucks...says it's @ base of steering column; and the prog conn is in 1/4 panel which is prob for an ******, etc. They omitted our Broncos & E/F series in location description inadvertently.

http://www.v8sho.com/SHO/Remote%20Ke...2097-24-13.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
T

txplcofcr

Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful information. I finally got it to work after I tried jumping the pins with the door closed. It wouldn't work any other way. Strange

tjg8675

Reaction score
Pic by makeos in his 94

it is the grey connector taped to all the wires. to right of strg column

and the diagram from my Ford EVTM/Service/... CD Note that is the view from engine compartment thru an invisible firewall....

here it is from my 96 Bronco EVTM/Service... CD from Ford:

"the remote entry receiver module erases all previous transmitters from memory when the transmitters are programmed or reprogrammed. The remote entry receiver module can store up to four transmitters in memory.

To program (or reprogram) transmitter(s) into the remote entry receiver module, perform the following steps:

1. Turn key to the ON or ON/ACCESSORY position and momentarily short the two terminals of the program connector (C4) (a two-pin connector taped to the wire assembly connected to the remote entry receiver module, approximately 6 inches from the remote entry receiver module). All doors should lock then unlock. Remove shorting pin. SO "JUMP PINS" means insert a bent paper clip or solid strand wire in da connector's two "PINS" to short it out2. Press any button on transmitter. All doors should lock then unlock to verify that the transmitter has been programmed. If door locks do not respond, press button again (up to three times maximum with the same transmitter).

3. Repeat Step 2 to program additional transmitters into the remote entry receiver module (up to four transmitters maximum).

4. Key off. All doors should lock then unlock

Also, you have to program any existing remotes at the same time, as it will clear out all previous programming

And, just FYI;

this ia da Ford Remote Keyless Entry TSB 97-24-13 for 1994-96 BRONCO & all other Ford cars & trucks...says it's @ base of steering column; and the prog conn is in 1/4 panel which is prob for an ******, etc. They omitted our Broncos & E/F series in location description inadvertently.

http://www.v8sho.com/SHO/Remote%20Ke...2097-24-13.htm
Hi Miesk5

Trying to locate this on my 95 bronco not in location shown in pic

black box behind glove box

any other known locations?

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo  TJ

I have heard of hack jobs recently, so try seachring for the C4 Connector wires (by colors) in area where the 94 & 96 have been shown to be;

NOTE: The C4 program connector is located near the remote entry receiver module, taped approximately 6 to 8 inches from the remote module on the wire assembly connected to the module.

PROGRAM CONNECTOR (C4) Pin No. Wire No. and Color Connects To 1 808 White, Yellow Program A 2 809 Gray, Yellow Program B

Remote Entry, Bronco 3.gifRemote Entry, Bronco.gifRemote Entry, Bronco 1.gifRemote Entry, Bronco 2.gifRemote Keyless Entry Module Connector C3, F-Series and Bronco.gifRemote Entry, Bronco 4.gifRemote Entry, Bronco 5.gifRemote Keyless Entry Module Connector C1, F-Series and Bronco.gif

I can't link the above attachments with their respective Legends below for some freaking reason.

Remote Keyless Entry Module Connector C2, F-Series and Bronco.gif

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
ok, This took me too long to post with messed-up entries. so I will try again/

Pin Number Circuit Circuit Function 20 — Not Used 19 53 (BK/LB) Illuminated Entry Output 18 118 (PK/O) Unlock All Doors 17 706 (GY) Door Jamb Switch 16 117 (PK/BK) Lock All Doors 15 57 (BK) Ground 7 — Not Used 6 118 (PK/O) Unlock All Doors 5 120 (PK/LG) Door Lock Switch (Unlock) 4 119 (PK/Y) Door Lock Switch (Lock) 3 163 (R/O) Driver's Door Unlock 2 117 (PK/BK) Lock All Doors 1 57 (BK) Ground Remote Keyless Entry Module Connector C3, F-Series and Bronco

Pin Number Circuit Circuit Function 26 1 (DB) Horn Relay 25 171 (BK/W) Battery Power 24 14 (BR) Parklamps Output 23 54 (LG/Y) Battery Power, Battery Saver Input 22 — Not Used 21 — Not Used 14 171 (BK/W) Battery Power 13 195 (T/W) Parklamps Input 12 705 (LG/O) Battery Saver Output 11 705 (LG/O) Battery Saver Output 10 54 (LG/Y) Battery Power, Battery Saver Input 9 — Not Used 8 — Not Used Remote Keyless Entry Module Connector C2, F-Series and Bronco

Pin Number Circuit Circuit Function 1 54 (LG/Y) Battery Power 2 — Not Used 3 — Not Used 4 — Not Used 5 875 (BK/LB) Signal Ground 6 182 (BR/W) Ignition Switch Ground 7 — Not Used 8 — Not Used 9 — Not Used 10 809 (GY/Y) Remote Keyless Program B 11 — Not Used 12 — Not Used 13 — Not Used 14 — Not Used 15 808 (W/Y) Remote Keyless Program A 16 — Not Used
Remote Keyless Entry Module Connector C1, F-Series and Bronco

tjg8675

Reaction score
still cant find connector

how do I post pics?

tjg8675

Reaction score
here is pic of keyless entry module for my 95 bronco found behind glove box.

95broncokeylessentrymodule.jpg

Wires lead to under kick panel (spaghetti!! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

cb386c7b-4c87-4daa-bb6b-c8286a1ef3b7.jpg

tjg8675

Reaction score
oh also some ******** double sticky taped the wiring diagram on the back so I cant read which wires are what :((

83980b85-1047-480e-8c5c-e66c6b28aaab.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke