FINALLY !!!! Exhaust is IN !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ozark Hauler

Reaction score
Well, after 3 days in the grime/and humidity I got my exhaust built and in . I couldn't find a 2.5" Mandrel bent tail pipe to save my life . So I took a chace and ordered an F-150 tail pipe which was nowhere close to a Bronco Tail Pipe ! I got one of those new "Spun Metallic Cat Converters" , a 33' Stainless "Straight Thru" Magnaflow Muffler and a mess (4-2.5" Lap Joint clamps and 1-3") of those Stainless Band Clamps (I refuse to use those saddle clamps) and a 3"-2.5" reducer . They were only $9.00 bucks each and I wont have to destroy my system if it ever needs to come apart . I ordered the wrong muffler through Summit , it's a center-center (should have been offset- and a 27" instead of a 33" offset-oh well - Hint: Dyno Max makes an off-set/off-set ) .

The first thing I built was a my version of an Z-adapter to make it possible to shift the muffler . Once that was done I was able to get the reducer/converter/Z-Bend adapter and muffler in . That's when It got REAL FUN !!! NOT ! The F-150 tail pipe lays to the opposite side and is ALL wrong . The only part close was the tail pipe section from the first bend up back to the tail pipe exit . I started cutting on my chop saw one angle at a time . I used 24*,12.5",10* & 5* cuts all by eye . The last section from the up-bend from the muffler to the first up-bend from the tail pipe section It took two days and you'll see in the pics it came out pretty good all things considered (No pipe bender and never built a sectioned exhaust in all my years . I wasted about 12" of the pipe to get it to fit . It was cut/grind/twist/mark and weld .

The truck sounds great ! Just what I wanted , a nice mellow sound and alot better flow .

So here is the finished system ;

Steve "Ozark Hauler"

BRONCO_EXHAUST_JULY__10__2008_001.jpg

BRONCO_EXHAUST_JULY__10__2008_002.jpg

BRONCO_EXHAUST_JULY__10__2008_004.jpg

BRONCO_EXHAUST_JULY__10__2008_005.jpg

BRONCO_EXHAUST_JULY__10__2008_006.jpg

BRONCO_EXHAUST_JULY__10__2008_007.jpg

BRONCO_EXHAUST_JULY__10__2008_008.jpg

BRONCO_EXHAUST_JULY__10__2008_009.jpg

BRONCO_EXHAUST_JULY__10__2008_010.jpg

BRONCO_EXHAUST_JULY__10__2008_011.jpg

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Congratulations!!! Talking about determination !!!

Those two pipes... the original, and the one shipped to you were similar, only in diameter. :wacko:

Good job making them fit. :D/

Wanna make one for me? :rolleyes: Just kidding. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Great job.

joe

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Ozark Hauler

Ozark Hauler

Reaction score
No , Not even in Diameter . OEM was 2.25' this is 2.5" . It still needs one maybe two "Tweak" joints . The last bend before the outlet swings in about 2" towards the gas tank but is about 2" away ,plenty of space . I think it may have been okay had I got the Dyno Max with the off-set/off-set . So the tail pipe ends up exiting at an angle , instead of straight like the oem design . Got it out on the road today and it was great . It's not obnoxious , but a mellow deep sound and you know it's there . It really could have used the 27" muffler for a bit more sound . That magnaflow is a stout muffler . I've just some high heat primer and silver paint on the pipe for now protecting the welds . I'm going to order some spray Zinc Coating from Eastwood , actually goes into the metal so if it's scratched or dinged it won't rust . Eastwood sells it for coating the outside of gas tanks .

Got one helluva yesterday headache welding that pipe , I can't use my fans to blow away the fumes , it screws the welds up by blowing the shielding gas away as well .

I think it's going to need new shock bushings soon . I'm going to ask my neighbor to make me some Delrin bushings on his lathe . New wheels are in the future along with some air-bags for the rear springs .

Thanks

Steve

PS Get yer Bronco on down the next one should only be a day and half job , Now I have a pattern . ;<)

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo