Hi lift mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noahsdad86

Reaction score
I would like to mount my hi lift jack on the spare tire carrier to the outside of the tire does anyone have any plans or pics of how they did this? Or does anyone have any ideas I dont want ti bouncing around in the back area I hate hearing crap bouncing all of the place.

wileec

Reaction score
Here you go. Works well for me. I also had it right up against the back seat and used a strap to tie it to the seat belt brackets for a while it was a pain to get out if there was a bunch of stuff in the back.

jack-1.jpg

There are more herejack-1.jpg

OP
OP
noahsdad86

noahsdad86

Reaction score
actually I just went and spent 15 bucks at ace hardware and am all set. Couple of small U-bolts to go around the spare tire rack and some lock washers and big wing nuts and it is secure enough to shake the truck by pushing on the jack without it moving. All I need is some way to lock it and I am set. Probably just a big master lock to hold to the rack. But thanks for the advice

blueboy5678

Reaction score
my_pics_071.jpgI dont have a great pic yet but i will take one soon. I used two of the studs that hold the spare tire on to slip into the hole in the Hi-lift. The jack is held on by bolting the spare tire on. I had to flip the spare around so it sticks out a little farther but it works, didnt cost one penny & i dont hear it rattle. Plus the handle of the jack works excelent as a flag holder for the sand dunes!! The down side is you have to remove the spare to get the jack out.

Broncobill78

Reaction score
Well it seems like you've got it solved OK.

I was *going* to say (well, I guess I'm gonna say it anyways) that I've just generally used U-bolts & fabbed something to fit it to the swing-away (but SURPRISE, you figured that one out all on your own <grin>). Now if it's *primarily* a street truck then, yup, you've done the right thing. But if it's a trail rig or better still a street truck that you *treat* like a trail rig (and BEAT like a trail rig) then you can always just buy some LONGER U-bolts and just bolt the damn thing to the hood. Not only does that work, but if you're in your 20's and unmarried you'll find that a LOT of chicks think that sort of thing is cool and will come over to talk to you. Play your cards right & $hit gets even better from there, but we'll just leave it at that (since this *isn't* a Penthouse forum) . But if you ARE married your wife will still think you're one of the cool kids so it's really a win-win sorta thing (as long as you're willing to drill holes & bolt stuff to your hood, but hey, we've ALL done stupider $hit than that to get some. [aw, **** is "stupider" even word ?] )

Broncobill78

Reaction score
At any rate, the hood & top of the cap are good places also if it isn't a dailty driver. Actually bolting a spare in either place is a bit too much (visability probs on the hood & structural probs on the cap) but for just the Hi-lift and other small hardware it's an option.

Last edited by a moderator:

bryan thomas

Reaction score
View attachment 5627I dont have a great pic yet but i will take one soon. I used two of the studs that hold the spare tire on to slip into the hole in the Hi-lift. The jack is held on by bolting the spare tire on. I had to flip the spare around so it sticks out a little farther but it works, didnt cost one penny & i dont hear it rattle. Plus the handle of the jack works excelent as a flag holder for the sand dunes!! The down side is you have to remove the spare to get the jack out.
Man when I first got my truck and the auto hubs burned out on me my tail end was that deep. And the saddest thing is I got yanked by a Dodge Power Ram. Talk about feeling like crap. That pic reminded me of that day. Now I got Warn manual conversions. Never again. That's a good idea though buddy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar