Goodyear Hi-Miler Hose Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobob

Reaction score
I have a 1996 full size Bronco with the 5.0/V8. The Goodyear Hi-Miler Hose Kit (GTR-5003) is for years 1988 thru 1994. I cannot find a kit for a 1996. The issue with this kit is the lower radiator hose. Is there any difference between the "94" and the "96" lower radiator hoses?

BLADE262US

Reaction score
Im not sure if they did this on the broncos I would assume they did . On my 95 F150 extended cab the lower hose has a smaller hose piggy backed off it and it runs to a aluminum body between the oil filter and the block that is an oil cooler . This is the only truck I have ever seen this on and it is factory so maybe that is what is going on with the year skip wasnt cost effective to make a special hose for that . The parts store here carries that Hi Miler hose in bulk though for the heater and bypass and can also order the top and lower hose so maybe you could piece one together . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

rubberdust

Reaction score
The radiator hoses on my 92 & 95 are identical with the oil cooler in the lower hose. Not certain there is any difference in a 96 either.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
called GY tech last yr for the 96's 5.0 lower hose in Hi Miler - no go....teckkie told me to use 94 kit and order GTR-62076 for lower hose; for $13.99 (Summit price). Bec. on a 95-96, the bottom hose is too long w/ oil cooler

Hose Length (in): 29 in.

Hose End 1: 1 11/16 in.

Hose End 2: 1 11/16 in.

Hose Material: Rubber

Hose Finish: Black

figured if orig hoses lasted 11.6 yrs w'still good feel, no soft softs or leaks, why other spending my $ on the EPDM/Nomex hi miler?...so went w/reg GY kit.

btw, did change for adv. prev. maint.

on hi miler, if you dont clean them they will tint green; most use car wash to get em blue again

let's see if this Dayco link works here for an image and descr. of my 96' 5.0 lower rad hose;

aq6.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom